Tristan Thompson denies cheating claims and threatens to sue - DELTAPOINTER.COM
Connect with us

Latest news

Tristan Thompson denies cheating claims and threatens to sue

Published

on


Tristan Thompson has hired a legal team to shoot down new cheating allegations from an Instagram model.

 

The NBA player said Sydney Chase’s claim that they “hooked up” in January and he spoke to her last in April is a lie. He’s also threatening to sue if she continues making the claim.

 

Tristan, who is back with Khloe Kardashian, had his attorney, Marty Singer, send a cease and desist letter to Sydney Chase.

 

In the letter, obtained by TMZ, Marty Singer calls Sydney’s  allegations “malicious defamatory fabrications,” adding, “Mr. Thompson had no relationship with you whatsoever and he never sent you any such texts.”

 

Singer goes on to accuse Chase of making up quotes from Tristan and having no proof to back up her claims, and blasts her by saying, “It is obvious that you are a liar.”

 

The letter concludes by saying if Chase doesn’t stop “defaming” Thompson in the media or online, “you do so at your peril since you may find yourself in court attempting to defend your indefensible misconduct.”

 

Thompson’s attorney also sent a cease and desist letter to Adam22, host of the “No Jumper” podcast on which Sydney Chase initially made the cheating allegations.

 

“No Jumper” has already removed the portion of Sydney’s interview where she talks about the alleged fling.

 

As for Sydney Chase, she isn’t backing down. She responded to Tristan’s legal threat, saying she has not received a cease and desist letter.

 

She adds, “Let this be a lesson to not let anyone no matter the money or fame they have, to shut you down or tarnish your name.”

Latest news

Policeman returns N1.2m to accident victim’s family in Kano

Published

on


A police Sergeant, Mr Kabiru Isah, has returned N1.2 million recovered from an accident scene to the relatives of the deceased in Kano state.

The Kano State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Abdullahi Haruna, said this in a statement on Saturday in Kano.

Haruna said that the policeman attached to the command’s Motor Traffic Division (MTD) recovered the money while conducting analysis at an accident scene on the Kano-Zaria road.

He said that an articulated vehicle had knocked down a motorcycle rider, who died on the spot, adding that the victim was in possession of the money packed in a box.

“The police officer returned N1,294,200 found at the scene of the fatal accident,” he said.

Haruna said that the Commissioner of Police, Mr Sama’ila Dikko, handed over the money to the relatives of the deceased and called on police personnel and residents of the state to emulate Isah’s good deed.

According to him, the Managing Director, Kano Road Traffic Agency (KAROTA), Mr Baffa Dan-Agundi, gifted Isah with N100,000 as reward for his honesty and dedication to duty.

Haruna said that the command, in a related activity, distributed food items to widows of 26 police personnel who lost their lives in service.

(NAN)

Vanguard News Nigeria



Continue Reading

Latest news

Army vows to deal with personnel engaging authorities on social media

Published

on

The Nigerian Army on Saturday vowed to deal severely with any of its personnel caught using social media to engage the authorities.

It said the Army has established mechanisms of responding to administrative issues and resorting to social media was not one of them.

The Director of Army Public Relations, Mohammed Yerima, said this in a statement on Saturday.

He was reacting to a petition written to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), by some Non-Commissioned Officers and Senior Non-Commissioned Officers to reject the proposed Nigerian Army Welfare Housing Scheme.

Yerima said the names and service numbers of signatories on the petition do not exist in Army’s records.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that some Non-Commissioned Officers and Senior Non-Commissioned Officers had petitioned the President to reject the proposed Nigerian Army Welfare Housing Scheme.

In the petition co-signed by 05NA/57/2084 Sgt. Yusuf Shetima,04NA/55/0925 Cpl James Ibok, 09NA/62/5578 LCPL Danladi Ibrahim,11NA/66/10622 LCPL Afolabi Showumi and 13NA/70/11034 PTE Lucky Dolph, they described the project as fraudulent.

But Yerima said the scheme was meant to benefit soldiers and members of their family.

He said the Chief of Army Staff met an Army Housing Scheme in the pipeline and constituted a committee to understudy its feasibility.

Yerima added that the committee, in its bid to allow soldiers speak their mind on the scheme and know those interested in the project, designed a questionnaire.

He stated that it was while administering the questionnaire to soldiers that agent provocateurs seized the moment to condemn the scheme.

The statement titled, ‘Re: Rejection of the proposed Nigerian Army Welfare Housing Scheme’, read, “The signatories who claimed to be writing on behalf of NA soldiers are fictitious names and numbers which are non-existent in the Nigerian Army records.

“The current Chief of Army Staff met an Army Housing Scheme in the pipeline and constituted a committee to understudy its feasibility and desirability.

“Questionnaire was subsequently designed by the committee for soldiers to bare their minds on the scheme and to ascertain those who are interested in it.

“It was still at this stage of administering the questionnaire to soldiers that agent provocateurs seized the moment to demonise the scheme with toxic narratives.

“Members of the Nigerian Army have established mechanisms of responding to administrative issues and resort to social media is not one of them. Any personnel caught using social media to engage the authorities will be severely dealt with.

“It is however curious that a scheme meant to benefit soldiers and families could be so flagrantly twisted in the social media using names and numbers that are alien to the Nigerian Army. The motive for this kind of strange act will ultimately be uncovered.”

Continue Reading

Latest news

MUSIC: Jaywillz ft Bella Shmurda

Published

on


Budding Nigerian singer and songwriter, Jaywillz has dropped his long awaited body of works christened; “Love Or The Word” EP.

Off this latest collective, the Chaado Music Worldwide signee links up with trending Nigerian recording artiste and “Cash App” hit-maker, Bella Shmurda to unlock an amazing tune tagged; “Ginger Yourself “.

The new project, ‘Love Or The Word’ consists of 7 solid and dope tracks. It was produced, mixed and mastered by Naughty Beatz, Ransome Beatz, Poposky, Chipss and Shugavybz.

“Love Or The Word” EP is the official follow up to his previous extended play, “P.U.N (Please Underrate Nobody)”. The EP which was released on April 2020 has been viewed over 452,000 times on streaming platform, Audiomack.

Jaywillz is known for songs like, ManDem, Seniorita, Nwayo, African Girl, to mention a few. He has also worked with artists including, iLLBliss, Zoro, among others.

“Love Or The Word” extended play is available on all music stores.

ALOS: DJ Shiwaawa ft Adina – Agoro

Take a listen below.



Continue Reading

Latest news

Foundation set to assist bone cancer patients

Published

on


Cancer

By Dennis Agbo

The Callistus Multiple Myeloma Foundation has disclosed its plans to assist multiple Myeloma patients, otherwise known as bone cancer, particularly those in the southeast geopolitical zone.

The foundation said it was willing to support the patients in terms of getting a diagnosis, treatment, and paying for treatment of the patients.

Executive Director of the foundation, Tochukwu Obodougo made the disclosure during a sensitisation programme in Enugu.

He said that they decided to create awareness and sensitization on multiple Myeloma diseases, which is Cancer of the bone, after the death of his father, Callistus.

“It was after the death of my father from cancer he suffered. After going around here in different Nigerian hospitals for many years, even going for a MIR test and nobody was able to diagnose the real problem. What everybody said was that he had a bone problem, but just within one week he arrived in the US he was diagnosed with cancer. That is to show you the medical gap that we have in Nigeria,” Obodougo said.

He further disclosed that by 2018, the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH, the foundation had identified some patients suffering from the disease, including three women.

“We are the pioneers of this campaign in Nigeria, and we wish to partner with any agency, any donor, any hospital, any cancer research centre, anybody that is ready to partner with us,” Obodougo said.

Board member of the foundation and communication specialist, Henry Chinwuba stated that the nature of their intervention was at three levels. “One, at the level of patients, we are willing to support the patients in terms of getting a diagnosis, treatment, and paying for treatment of the patient.

“At the level of health practitioners and health institutions, we are willing to support capacity building for health practitioners and even caregivers because handling multiple Myeloma patients is delicate and it’s not everybody that knows how to handle it. So we want to build the capacity of the nurses who handle the patients so that they can take care of the patients very well.

“At the other level, we are willing to support institutions where there is an equipment gap. Does the hospital have enough machines to conduct the test? We need to get that assessment then we will know how to carry out the intervention in that area.

“We are also carrying out advocacies to institutions such as the federal ministry of health, the National council planning committee to see how we can bring funding and government awareness to create funding for this disease because Callistus Multiple Myeloma Foundation cannot do it alone. So we are also calling on other Non Governmental organizations and individuals to come to a partnership.”

Vanguard News Nigeria 



Continue Reading

Latest news

Akeredolu cautions Ondo monarchs over appointment of chiefs

Published

on

Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has cautioned traditional rulers to desist from causing unnecessary trouble over appointment of chiefs in their domain.

Akeredolu said the government would not hesitate to deal decisively with any traditional ruler caught indulging in act of lawlessness.

He gave the warning on Saturday in Ikare Akoko, the headquarters of Akoko North East Local Government Area of the state on Saturday, at the occasion of official presentation of instrument of appointment and staff of office to Owa-Ale of Ikare-Akoko, Oba Adeleke Adegbite-Adedoyin

The stool of Owa-Ale of Ikare-Akoko became vacant following the demise of Oba Samuel Adegbite-Adedoyin on September 1, 2020.

The governor, who was represented by his Deputy, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, stated that any traditional ruler that was dissatisfied with any decision on chieftaincy matters should seek redress in the court of law instead of taking laws into their hands.

He urged the newly installed monarch to exhibit high level of integrity in the discharge of his responsibility and should focus his attention on his area of jurisdiction in the ancient town.

He said, “At this juncture, I wish to express my utmost displeasure over the recent mayhem that erupted in this community over the removal and subsequent appointment of the new Olokoja.

“We are all aware of the current state of insecurity in this country, therefore, under no circumstance shall we tolerate another wave of killing of innocent citizens and wanton destruction of properties over any security issue in the community, much less of any minor chieftaincy matter.”

Expressing assurance that security of all residents of the state was his priority, Akeredolu said, “We are making efforts to rid our communities of miscreants and criminals.”

In his remarks, the newly installed Owa-Ale of Ikare Akoko, Oba Adeleke Adegbite-Adedoyin II, appreciated the governor for fatherly and leadership role he displayed in maintaining peace in Ikare land.

Oba Adedoyin, who apologised to the governor on recent the crisis in the town, pledged to continue speaking with his people to be more peaceful and tolerant to avoid future occurrence.

“Going memory lane, this is the 18th Owa-Ale in lkare sinee my progenitors migrated from lle-lfe, the ancestral home of the Yoruba people. Permit me to mention that Obaship assignment, like any other leadership role, is a call to selfless service.

“Having accepted my unanimous selection to assume the throne of my forefathers and lead the good people of Ikare Land as the Owa-Ale Adimula, I promise, by God’s grace, not to disappoint you,” he said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending